Skip to main content

Cranberry Scones

I initially tried this recipe after Canadian Thanksgiving because I had leftover cranberries I didn't know what to do with.  Since then, it's become a favorite of Brandon and mine, and I've taken them to women's Bible study, and served them when having someone over. 

They're so yummy, and go great with coffee or tea, or even just as a snack by themselves.....


Cranberry Scones:

2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
3/4 cup buttermilk (I just add 1 Tbsp. lemon juice to regular milk and let it sit for 10 mins)

Directions:  Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Add cranberries.  Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.  Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead 6-8 times.  Divide in half.  Pat each into an 8-in. circle.  Cut into eight wedges.  Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.  Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from pans to wire racks. 

(these are what the wedges should look like before baking)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indoor Waterpark Adventures

We took a spontaneous mini family vacation down to Sandusky, OH (only 2 1/2 hours away!) to an indoor waterpark for two days.  Aiden loved the water.  I was very proud of him. (A bonus was that I found these swim trunks on clearance at Zellers for $2.50 and the swim shirt for $3.00....yeah for good deals) All that playing made him sleepy though.. (he definitely slept well when we got home!) My other "boy" loved the water too. The main lobby of the hotel.  Complete with talking animals (that moose on the wall started moving and making sounds when we were sitting below it). Part of our room - the living room area Soaking up some sun on the balcony. Breakfast at the hotel. Aiden was eager to eat what we were eating. Wait a minute.... : ) I love seeing how Brandon loves on his boy.  Don't they seem to have the same expression here?  I love it. It was a nice, quick getaway, and we were thankful for it!

Things I'm Thankful for

It's been waaay too long since I've written on here... where does time go?!? I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked out my classroom window last week to see little snow flurries floating through the air!!..... none of them stuck, but it still reminded me that winter is just around the corner. One of the reasons I haven't written much on here is that this past month has been FULL to the brim ... there's been alot going on both in my personal life (and the lives of family and friends) and at school. There is much to be thankful for amidst the activities and busyness ..... God is gracious and loving in His provision, I know that full well! yes... God is good, and I want to share some of the ways he's been good in my life personally. 10 Things I'm Thankful for from October: 1) My mom went in for knee replacement surgery on Mon, Oct. 9. The surgery went well, and though I'm sure she was in alot of pain and feeling quite out of it for awhile, her thankful, q

Beauty

I think it's crazy but true how much we (girls especially) base our definition of beauty on what we see in magazines, tv, etc... why do we do that?? I confess it's sometimes easy for me to fall into that trap of comparing myself... what if I lost 15 pounds or wore this makeup or got my hair cut in this way... and on and on?? This will never lead to a right attitude!! How do we keep a right perspective then?? Two thoughts come to my mind: 1) Stop the comparing, and replace it with an accurate (God-centered) view of ourselves. Beauty is good. God created us, and said it was "good". He wants us to take care of ourselves. It's important to me to exercise, eat healthy ...I want to continue those habits (or get better at them in some cases :). I even want to try to look my best...when I know Brandon is coming to see me, I've found I just naturally want to look nice....I can't help it! I think God is honored by those attitudes, but he hates when we compare ours